Now providers can create custom Superbills using ICD-10 for each provider in your practice, resulting in more convenient coding and accurate billing. Through PracticeSuite ‘Setup Superbill’ option, providers can design ICD-10 superbills quickly and easily. This will allow a complete customization based on provider preferences.
To create a superbill on your own, navigate to main Menu and select billing options from the Advanced Setup Tab.
In the Billing Options screen, Click on Setup Superbill icon ‘‘ and Setup Superbill screen will open up.
- Enter the Name as required for the superbill which needs to be created.
- Enter the type (non-mandatory).
- Select the Font which needs to be used in the superbill.
- The font ‘TIMES_ROMAN’ is automatically selected as the Default Font. If want a different font for the superbill, please select the required font from the drop down and click on Default font check box to make it as the default font.
- Select the size of the font as required.
- If the newly created Superbill needs to be saved as the default Superbill, click on the check box ‘ Make this Default Superbill’.
- There are four options available when creating the superbill
- By selecting the first radio button, providers can create ICD-10 superbill from the top 50 ICD-9 codes cross-walked to ICD-10 and top 25 CPT’s.
- By selecting the second radio button, provider can create ICD-10 superbill from favorite ICD-9 and top 25 CPT’s.
- The third option creates a superbill from favorite ICD-10 and top 25 CPT’s with cross-walked ICD-9 adjacent to ICD-10 codes.
- The last one will create a blank superbill where providers can add the preferred ICD-10 and CPT’s manually.
- Once all information’s are entered, Click on the Save button to create the Superbill.
- From the drop down menu type, Select ICD or CPT which ever needs to be added.
To add ICD-10;
- Select ICD from the Type drop down and enter the ICD-10 which needs to add in the superbill.
- ICD-10 description will automatically reflect in the description field. If a new description of the ICD-10 needs to be entered, just edit the description in the description field.
- Select the group in which the selected ICD-10 needs to show. If the Group is not listed, click the Add icon ‘‘ and We can manually enter the Group Name under which the diagnosis should show and can enter the order number of group as required.
- In the Group, we can order the ICD-10 listed by entering the order number in the ‘Detailed Listing Order’
Once all Information’s are entered, click on Save button and the ICD-10 will get added in the superbill under the group and order as specified. Repeat the same procedure, if more diagnosis codes needs to enter in the Superbill.
To add a CPT code;
- From the drop down Menu, select CPT and in the CPT code field enter the CPT code which needs to populate in the Superbill.
- Enter the description of the CPT in the Description Field.
- Select the group in which the selected CPT needs to show. If the Group is not listed, click the Add icon ‘‘ and We can manually enter the Group Name under which the CPT should show and can enter the order number of group as required.
- Enter the amount of the CPT in the Amount field (not mandatory).
- We can manually enter the Group Name under which the CPT should show and can enter the order number of group as required.
- In the Group, we can order the CPT listed by entering the order number in the ‘Detailed Listing Order’
Click on the ‘pdf’ icon adjacent to Edit superbill button to view the superbill created.
After a superbill is complete this can be set as the default superbill template for the provider by navigating to Provider setup screen, and select the superbill Template from the drop down.