1. Click the Authorization button, the Authorization window opens as shown below
2. Click on the Add button on top of this screen to add a new Authorization.
3. Select the type of Authorization by selecting Payer either as Insurance or Self
4. To select a Payer, type the first letter of the name of the payer in the box, a list of all the payers with the given name or letters will be displayed. Click on the required payer from the list. The details related to the payer will be automatically updated.
5. Enter the Effective Start Date and Effective End Date for this Authorization in the respective boxes.
6. In the Auth# box, enter the Authorization number provided. And just Below the Auth# you can enter the Authorized Amount also.
7. If this Authorization is out of network, choose the Out of Network check box and enter the reason in the Out of Nw. Reason box.
8. Select the Auth. Rendering Provider (Authorized Rendering Provider) from the box provided.
9. You can enter the Authorized amount in the Authorized Amount field and if we check mark the Auto create Payment box next to it, A payment entry will be created for that
patient as a Deductible Payment. The on account payment for that patient will show in the Post Payments Link with amount in brackets.
10. In the Visits Details area, enter the number of Visits Allowed.
11. You can enter details related to reference in the Referred area. If this patient is referred from a Provider of the same Practice, select the Same option and enter the name of the Provider. If the Referring Provider is from another practice, choose the External option and enter the name of the Provider.
Similarly, if this patient has been referred to another Provider, select the To option and enter the details of the Provider.
12. Type Comments if any in the box provided.
13. To add a Procedure, search for the code in the Procedure box and from the list that appears, select the required code. Enter the Units allowed if any and then click the add button. The procedure will be added to the list below.
14. To add a ICD Code, search for the code in the ICD Code box and from the list that appears, select the required code. Enter the Units allowed if any and then click the add button. The procedure will be added to the list below