A Case is a mapping between a patient’s insurance and an encounter. A case is automatically created when primary insurance is added to the patient’s profile. However, there are occasions where a case needs to be manually created. The following are the steps for creating a case manually. Before adding a case, Patient Information and Insurance information must be completed. The following are the steps for creating a case manually.
1. Select Patient from the main menu and search for the patient in the Patient Search screen to open the Demographics page (see Image 1).
3. Click on button. On clicking the button, the new case information can be entered in Main tab. The fields marked with * are mandatory. These are Name, Start Date, Type, Primary, and Fee Schedule. The Name, Type, Status, Start Date, etc. are automatically filled in except when the patient has multiple Primary/Secondary/Tertiary insurances. The system generates a name for the case; you can change it or opt to keep the system-generated name.
4. For creating cash cases, select Type as ‘Cash’. The Fee schedule will then be defaulted to the latest active self pay fee schedule.
5. If you wish to add additional information related to the case like Associations, Condition, Accident, Diagnosis, etc., click on the Others tab.
Under the Others tab, enter the following information:
6. Click the Save button to save the case; the case is displayed, as shown in Image 3.