Adding a new payment at the time of scheduling an appointment is now easier with the New Payment option in the Scheduler. This would help in collecting a payment from a patient upfront either by cash, check, credit card or through EFT Pay. Below are the steps to process new payments from scheduler.
1. Select Scheduler from main menu.
2. A new payment can be added to an existing/new appointment.
Existing appointment – Click on the scheduled appointment time slot to add a new payment.
3. The schedule page opens up. Invoke New Payment option.
4. This opens the Payment Entry page for the patient appointment . Select Payment Type (Default : COPAY) and Payment Method.
If the default payment amount needs to be changed, enter the required amount in the Total Amount field and it will be reflected in the payment method selected.
There are four payment methods: i) Cash ii) Check iii) Credit Card iv) EFT Pay
i) Cash Payment : If it is a cash payment, select the CASH payment method.
ii) Check Payment: If CHECK payment method is selected, enter the check details.
Note Check # is a mandatory field.
iii) Credit Card Payment: Selecting CREDIT CARD payment method allows to enter credit card details such as Card Number, Expiry Date, CVV, Name On Card.
Processing credit card payments in PracticeSuite requires signing up for PracticeSuite E-Payments. If you are not already enrolled with PracticeSuite E-Payments or are interested in learning more, please email email@example.com.
1. If the card information is already saved in the system, select the required card from the Saved Cards drop-down. On selecting a card, the card details get automatically populated in the respective fields.
2. Credit Card details can be saved for future use by selecting the checkbox Save This Card for Future Payments.
iv) EFT Payment: Select EFT PAY method for an EFT payment and enter the required details.
5. Further information pertaining to the payment can be added in the Additional Information section. If the payment is being made for Copay(s) for more than one DOS, all the DOS for which payment is being made can be entered here. Default Adjust. Code is the default value to be filled in the adjustment code in the posting screen. Here, EOB can be attached if required. If attached, the number of pages is to be entered in the No. Of Pages field.
6. There are 3 options for saving the payment. Choose an appropriate option for saving the payment.
a. Save: Saves the payment in the system.
b. Save & Apply: Saves the payment and the Manual Posting screen opens up with details populated in the respective fields as shown below.
c. Save & Print: Saves and prints the receipt.