A case is an intermediary that relates Insurance and Date of Service (DOS). It is mandatory to switch the case when
1. there is a change in the existing insurance, or
2. it is required to submit a claim for a DOS to another insurance. The following steps explain the process of case switch.
1. Invoke Patient Menu to enable the patient search (see Image 1).
2. Select the Patient from the search result to go to the patient demographic page.
3. Click on the case button (highlighted in Image 2) from the patient demographics page.
4. When the Case button is invoked, the Case window appears where existing case information can be found. Refer to Image 3.
5. Case Switching allows you to switch Date of Service (DOS) between the case. Hence, it needs to identify the case to which the DOS should be switched.
For example, below-highlighted case (1370-3620) has two DOS (see Image 4) and it needs to be switched to the case (1370 – 3621)
6. Click on the case (1370 -3620) and invoke the Case Switch tab to make the DOS visible. Select the DOS that needs to be switched to the other case (1370 -3621).
7. Once it is selected, click on the Switch To field, select the other case (1370 -3621) and the appropriate case from the drop-down list.
8. Click on the Switch Case button (see Image 5) to switch the case. Upon completion, click on the Save button to save the changes.
9. After saving the changes, you can find the DOS which is switched under the other case. Refer to Image 6.
Note: If there is only one case and there is no case to switch, then create a new case to complete the case switching.