The Charge Master/ Edit Charges window displays the list of Encounters for the selected Patient and also details of the related Case. It also gives the details of the Encounter Lines (procedures and their details associated with each encounter).
To view the Charge Master widow, click on the Charges and then click on Edit Charges, the Charge Master window will be displayed as shown below
1. Charges can be pulled up using the search options provided. To search the charges for a specific patient, enter the patient name in the Patient field and the system will list out all the charge for that selected patient.
Use the DOS field to search for charges for a date range or a specific date. You can also use the case# and the claim# to pull up a charge.
2. The Encounter section will display the case(s) for the selected patient and the related visits.
3. The Case sheet displays the Case, Patient, Guarantor, Insurance and Diagnosis details for the selected Case.
4. Under Encounter, all details pertaining to the selected encounter will be displayed. If there are no encounters for the particular Case, you can add one using the Add Encounter tab.
5. Encounter Lines displays the different Procedures associated with an Encounter, the related diagnoses, the Charges and Total Amount and Status. You can change the status of a claim by clicking in the Status box.