A CPT group is a collection of CPT codes that are often used in conjunction. When the group code is entered in the CPT field, all the CPTs in the group along with their amounts get populated in the respective fields during charge entry. Thus, the creation of a CPT group aids in error-free and efficient charge entry. Group codes are referred to by ‘-GroupCode'(hyphen followed by the group code). Follow the below-given steps in order to create CPT groups.
1. Select Setup from the main menu and click on Procedures.
2. In the Procedures screen that opens up, enter appropriate search parameters and click on Search. Image 1 shows a sample listing.
3. Click anywhere on the procedure code line and the screen, as in Image 2, opens up.
4. In the group code field, enter the group code and click on Save.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all CPTs to be added to the newly created group. This completes the creation of the CPT group.
6. In order to access the CPT Group, go to the Enter/Edit charges screen. In the CPT code field, enter the group name preceded by a hyphen (as in Image 3). In the above example, ‘-g1’ is to be entered. Thereupon, all CPT codes are added to the screen without having to type them separately; see Image 3;
Upon entering the CPT code as ‘-g1’, CPT lines get populated, as in Image 4.