Before adding a case, Patient Information and Insurance information must be completed.
1. Click the Case button, the Case window opens as shown below.
The details of the case like Name, Type, Status, Start Date etc are automatically filled in except when the patient has multiple Primary/Secondary/Tertiary insurances. The Name of the case is given for your easy reference, you can change it or opt to keep the system generated name.
2. For patients with multiple insurances, click on the search button in the Primary/Secondary/Tertiary box for the list of Insurance Companies associated with this patient.
3. Choose the insurance from the list, the insurance details will immediately be updated.
4. If you wish to add additional information related to the case like Associations, Condition, Accident, Authorizations, Attachment Information, Diagnosis etc click on the Others tab otherwise to create a case using the basic information, click the Save button.
5. Under the Others tab, enter the following information.
|a) Enter the POS (Place of Service) and the Service Loc (location).
b) Select the Rendering Provider and Supervising Physician from the lists provided. If the Referring Physician is from the practice, choose the Same option and enter first letter of the provider name to search for the required provider. If the provider is not from the same practice, select Ext and enter first letter of the provider name to search for the provider.
c) Click on button to add new referring provider.
d) If the PCP is from the practice, choose the Same option and and enter first letter of the provider name to search for the required provider. If the provider is not from the same practice, select Ext and enter first letter of the provider name to search for the provider.
e) You can also enter details of the Employer and Attorney if required.
|a) If the patient is unable to work, fill out the Patient Unable to Work From and To dates.
b) Enter the Adm. Date From and Adm. Date To if required.
b) You can also enter details of the Last X-ray Type and Last X-ray Date.
c) If relevant, you can enter the Date of Pregnancy (LMP).
d) You can also enter details like Last Seen Date, Initial Treatment Date, Onset Date of Current Illness and First Date of Similar Illness.
|You can enter details related to accidents here like Employment related, Auto Accident, Other Accidents etc.|
|Enter details related to Authorizations in this area like Authorization No, Authorization date etc.|
|Enter details like Control Number, Type Code and Transmission Code|
|If required, you can add diagnosis for a case, click in the D1 box and select the required diagnosis. You have the option to add up to eight diagnosis from this screen. This diagnosis can be changed if required while entering charges.|
6. Click Save button to create a case, the case will be displayed as shown below.