This report screen is used for statement generation. The report provides various filters to list patients with balances and for generating their statements. The statements can be generated in different formats including e-statements, generic PDF, CSV, and with the option for direct submission to the clearinghouse.
C2 report can be used to generate Installment letters for patients paying in installments.
C2 report can also be viewed from Generate Patient Statement(s) submenu under Charges menu.
- The C2 report can be used to display the previous statement count as well as generate new statements.
- The E-statement feature with the integrated payment gateway service is a great tool that Practices can utilize to reduce payment defaults and to promote faster patient collections.
- Important Note: C2 report cannot be used to void statements. To void statements, go to Demographics screen of the patient and select Statement History tab which displays a list of patient statements. Click on icon corresponding to the statement to be voided. When you void statements, the Statement count decreases accordingly.
- For those patients having installments, this report helps to generate Installment letters.
- Message box is provided in the C2 report where you can provide a dunning message which would appear on every PDF generated.
1. ‘Include All Outstanding Patient Balance’ Filter will include all patient responsible lines with balances disregarding all the other chosen filters.
2. Statement Filter can be used to include or exclude patients who are eligible for eStatements.
3. If you do not want statements to be generated for patients who owe a less due amount lower than, say 5$, you can enter 5$ in the ‘Due Amount From’ and enter a very large number in the ‘Due Amount To’ column where upon statements would not be generated for balance amounts less than 5$.
4. If you want patients with credit money to be excluded from the statement generation, you can check the box ‘Exclude patients with On-Account’. The system will exclude patients whose credit balance is equal to or greater than the patient balance. If the on-account money is less than a patient’s balance, the patient will still be on the statement list.
5. If you want to exclude patients who have paid in the last, say 30 days, you can provide 30 in the ‘No payment received since’ Filter.
6. A warning will show up for patients if secondary insurance is present for the patient but the insurance is not present in the patient’s case; see Image 2. This flag helps to identify patients who have active secondary insurance but inadvertently had their lines in patient responsibility (BILL_to_PT or GR).
7. Patient Name in the listing is a hyper link which takes us to the patient information screen. Click the ChargeMaster button to view or edit the charge information. On Account is also a hyper link which on clicking opens the Payment screen displaying all payments of the patient that add up to the on-account amount. Refer to Image 2.
8. The filter named ‘Exclude charges with Statement(s) Sent in the Last N days‘ can hereafter accept “0” days as the input for the statement generation. An explanation for the input days is given below:
* 0 – excludes statements generated on the current day.
* 1 – excludes statements generated on current minus 1 day.
* n – excludes statements generated current minus n days.
Search filters of C2 Report
|Legal Entity||To filter results of a specific legal entity|
|Last Name, First Name||To select a specific patient.|
|Case Type||To filter by case types|
|Case#||To select statements related to a specific case number of a patient|
|Due Amount||Provide an amount in the ‘From’ and a very large number in the ‘To’ field to block the system from sending statements if balance is less than that specified in the ‘From’ field|
|Appt. Date||Provide an appointment date range to filter patients having appointments on a specific day or date range|
|Patient Last Name Between||This is helpful for grouping the patient list into batches in case the patient list is very long.|
|Include Closed lines||To include closed lines as well in the display|
|Exclude patients with On-Account||Check this box to exclude patients who have on-account money. (Note: If on-account money is less than the patient balance, the patient won’t be excluded from the list)|
|Include All Outstanding Patient Balance||This filter will include all patient responsible lines with balances bypassing all the other chosen filters.|
|PR.INS. With/Without||To filter patients having the specified primary insurance. ‘Without’ would filter patients who does not have the primary insurance specified.|
|No Payment Received Since||To filter patients who have not paid in the last specified number of days. (Note: Auto adjustment payment entries and ‘0’ dollar payments will not be considered as payments.)|
|Statement Count between||To filter patients for which statements have already been generated specified number of times|
|Acct Type||To filter patients of a specific account type (Account type is set from the Patient Demographics)|
|Statement Filter||To include or exclude patients enabled for eStatements. Options are ALL/ Eligible for eStatements/ Not Eligible for eStatements.|
|Exclude Patient/Charges with Statements sent in the last ‘n’ days||To exclude patients/charges from the statement cycle. If you select ‘patient’ here, patients can be excluded entirely from the statement generation whereas when you select charges, only the charges for which statements have been generated will be excluded from the list.|
|As on Date||It is by default checked. It generates statements for whatever the patient owes for.|
|DOS Range||To generate statements only for some DOS, check the DOS box and provide the DOS date range for which the statements are to be generated|
|Aging Bucket||To generate statements for only those balances that fall in the specified aging bucket.|
|Last Run Date||System will generate statements from this specified date to the current date. It is by default set to the date when the last statements were generated.|
|No Activity Since||To include the Charges for which statement(s) were generated previously and on which no activity has taken place since a stipulated amount of time.|
|Message||Dunning message can be provided which will appear on every PDF generated.|
|Do Not Print Reason Codes||If you do not want the payer remarks to appear in the statement|
|Do Not Print Aging||If you do not want the aging section to get printed, select this option|
|Sort By||Select either Guarantor or Patient as appropriate|
|Gen Inst. letter||If the patient is under an installment plan, no statements will be generated for the patient instead installment letters can be generated. Select an appropriate letter from the drop-down and click ‘Gen. Inst. Letter’ to have installment letters generated for the filtered patients.|
Search Screen of Generate Patient Statement screen
Patient Statement Generation
1. The e-Statements feature provides Practices the convenience to send patient balances through the electronic mode. It reduces payment defaults and aids in faster patient collections. With the e-statements, patients can easily view their outstanding balance and quickly make payments. This is an on-demand feature. The email and SMS setup for the e-Statement such as mail host, Auth. Mail ID, Auth. Password, SMS Operator, Message, etc. will have to be set up from the e-Statement tab in Notifications under Advanced Setup menu.
1A. On clicking the ‘Send e-Statement’ button, an email with the portal link and a SMS with the statement # will be sent to the patient’s registered email and cell #.
1B. If the sending fails, the corresponding error info can be seen in the “eStatement Errors” section towards the bottom of the statement generation screen(see Image 2).
1C. Alerts are displayed for all patient records where either the cellphone number or email address is missing.
2. Each time Generate PDF is clicked, the Stmt. Count of the selected patient statements will be increased by one. There are two options to generate the PDF: with pay slip and without pay slip. If you want the pay slip with the statement, select the option ‘With pay slip’ and hit ‘generate PDF’. You will then have pay slip attached with the statement which is a tear-away slip which can be mailed back by the patient.
5. It is used for generating comma separated value statement which is the electronic statement which you can upload to a third-party company whom you have authorized for sending the statements on your behalf.
Image 3 is a sample patient statement.