The guarantor is the person who is responsible for the medical bill if all other payment options (e.g., Medicaid, personal health insurance, etc.) fall short of covering the full cost of treatment. Generally, the patient himself is the guarantor. If the patient is a minor, guarantor information entry is mandatory. To add guarantor information, follow the below-given steps.
1. Select Patient from the main menu to enable patient search where a patient can be searched (see Image1).
2. From the search result, Click on the Patient whose guarantor information is to be added. The patient demographics page opens up (refer to Image 2).
3. To add guarantor information, click on the Guarantor link and the Guarantor screen will appear as shown in Image 3.
4. Mandatory fields have to be filled to save the guarantor. They are Guarantor Relationship, Last Name, First Name, and Contact Information.
Note: If the patient is an adult, a guarantor is created in the patient’s name automatically.
Guarantor relationship can be selected from the drop-down list when it is invoked (see Image 4).
A. If the Guarantor is the patient himself, select the Same as Patient option, the address and other required details will be updated automatically from the patient data (refer to Image 5).
B. If the Guarantor is an Organization, select the Organization option and enter the name of the Organization in the box (see Image 6).
5. To search for a Guarantor, click the Guarantor field. As you type in, the existing Guarantor list will be displayed as a drop-down and the appropriate guarantor can be selected from the drop-down. On choosing the Guarantor from the list, the Guarantor details and Contact Information will automatically be updated in the New Guarantor fields.
6. Click the Save button to save the New Guarantor.