The HIPAA Office Files app allows you to access and manipulate important files easily via your web browser. On opening the Files app, all the files and folders will be listed along with their details such as size, type, created and modified dates.
For a first time user, the Files app will contain four default folders: Documents folder, Images folder, Music folder and Videos folder.
The panel on the left shows all the default folders and an extra All my groups folder that shows all the folders for all the groups in which the user is a member. For a user who does not belong to any group All my groups folder will be empty.
The panel o the right shows information about selected files or folders such as size, type, date created etc. If no file/ folder is selected, then the right panel will not show any details.
On the header you have the following file operations:
Create New Folder: Allows to create a new folder.
Create New Document: Allows to create a new text document.
Upload: Allows to upload files
Click on Select files to upload
Select more files to upload by clicking on Select files to upload option. Files will be uploaded on selecting Upload option.
Share URL: Allows to share files via a URL
Search: Allows to search for a file/ folder within the current location.
The below mentioned file operations can be performed within the Files app:
- Open: Right click a file and select Open option to open and view/read the file you selected. It is also possible to open a file or folder by double clicking on them.
- Rename: Right click on a file or folder and select the Rename option from the menu. Note that it is not possible to rename a folder with invalid characters like ‘&,*$! …’
- Cut/ Paste: Select files/ folders from a location and cut/ paste them onto another location.
- Copy/ Paste: Select files/ folders from a location and copy/ paste them onto another location.
- Delete: Delete selected files/ folders by selecting the Delete option from the menu.
- Download: Download files by opting Download option from the menu that appears when a file is right clicked. If you select multiple files for download, they will be downloaded as a zip file. Folders cannot be downloaded.
- Share by URL: Share files with users by creating a URL for them. Follow the steps below to see how files can be shared via URL.
Please note that URL for files can only be shared if and only if you have set the permission for it.
Follow the steps given below to share URLs for files:
Select the files to be shared. Right click on any of the selected files and select Share URL option from the menu that appears.
Once a URL has been created for files you will not be able to delete them from the URL. However you can delete the URL as a whole.
Add a Password for secure URL share.
It is also possible to add organization specific Client Identifiers (ID) along with the URL. However, in such cases, passwords are mandatory.
Select the expiry date for the URL that is getting created. The user to whom the URL is shared with should download the files shared before the expiry date, otherwise the shared URL will get expired.
Click on Next when you are done.
A pop up will be shown where the URL that has been created for your files can be seen. Copy the URL by selecting the Copy to clipboard option. On pasting the copied URL on a browser it is possible to download and view all the files that were shared. After copying the URL simply click on Done. The URL will be created.
When the URL is copied and pasted on the browser, the user will be given the option to download the file. The expiry date of the URL will also be mentioned below.
Email the created URL for the files to be shared to other contacts by selecting Email this link. Simply type in the email ID of the user to whom you want to share the URL with and hit Send.
To view all the URLs that has been created for a file, select a file and click on the URL tab shown on the right panel next to the Info tab. Here all the URLs that have been created for that file will be shown and can be edited as well.
Protect the URL with a password and share the password with the user to whom the URL is to be shared with. This can be done by checking the Protect by password checkbox.
To add Client IDs to a URL, the user should have permission to add them. This can be done by selecting IDs from the list. Remove IDs by selecting option shown along with it while they are added. Once a URL has been created, the client IDs that were added before cannot be removed on editing the URL, only new ones can be added if the user has permission.