Workflow for Retrieving Lab Results
1. Lab Results are retrieved through the Connect To Lab screen under EHR Advanced.
2. Connect To Lab screen has four tabs- Connect, Matched, Unmatched and Reviewed.
4. A message displaying how many lab results are retrieved and how many are moved to matched and unmatched category is shown. Matched results are those where the order ID received matches with the ID in the lab order placed. Unmatched results may occur due to Order ID mismatch between the lab and PracticeSuite.
5. Go to Matched Tab and click on Process button. By clicking on the ‘Process’ button, a new chart will be created in EHR for the respective patient to place the lab result and the user can access it through the For Review Tab in the Clinical Desktop. Select the provider name from the Assigned To drop-down in the For Review tab to list all patients whose lab results are assigned to this provider.
7. Reviewed Tab contains all results that are processed.
Connect To Lab Screen
Lab Results are retrieved from the Connect To Lab screen under EHR Advanced.
In the Connect Tab, select the lab from the drop-down and click on Retrieve. Results are displayed as in Image below. Also, you will get a message on how many lab results are retrieved and how many are moved to matched and unmatched.
1. Click on Process button. Check boxes are provided beside each process button to select the required results for processing. You can also click the ‘Process All’ button which processes all results.
2. By clicking on the ‘Process’ button, the provider can review the lab results by following the below-mentioned steps.
To Save a Patient’s Lab Results in Chart
3a. Click on ‘Clinical Desktop’ on the main menu on the left. In the Clinical desktop, go to the For Review tab’. Select the user name from the ‘Assigned to User’ drop-down. All sheets with name Lab Results pertain to reports received via Connect to Lab interface.
3b. Click on the required Patient to open up the chart. Click on the Lab pane on the right of the EMR page.
3c. Lab result will be displayed. To view as a PDF file, click on the icon highlighted in Image 6.
3d. Once the lab results are reviewed, the user can mark the encounter as ‘Complete’ and then click on Save As from the current encounter screen.
Unmatched results may occur due to Order ID mismatch between the lab and PracticeSuite. Associate a patient and assign this to a provider and then click on process. steps 3a through 3d are to be repeated to save the chart.
All Processed results fall in the Reviewed tab.