A detailed payment posting report that captures the applied transaction details, balance amount after posting, and the payment details. Additionally, the report also shows the amount allowed and the portion that is applied to copay, coins, or deductible per the remit. Multiple excel exports are available in the report with varying levels of information.
1. This vital report highlights all the payment postings done in the practice during a specific accounting date range. The report shows where the money was applied, the balance after posting, the next action, who applied the money and the date it was applied. It will also show any take backs.
2. The report shows a posted summary at the header and it indicates whether the money applied is from the current month’s deposits or from another month. The column ‘Deposit carry forward’ shows money from prior month deposits applied in the current month. This helps users to quickly identify payments whether to account them in the current month or to exclude them in the current month reporting based on their accounting practices.
3. I6 report includes info on primary, secondary and tertiary insurances of the encounter in both the summary and detailed Excel outputs.
4. I6 report has ‘Payer Type’ and Case Type shown in the output. The earlier column name ‘Type’ is renamed to ‘Payment Type’.
5. Attending Physician (Box #76 of UB04 claims) is present in the detailed excel and CSV outputs.
1. Provide a check number in the search criteria and the report would display the details regarding all the postings done against the specified check number.
2. You may also use this report to get a view of the posting summary in a date range and get the patient details with the exact lines against which the postings were done.
Search filters of I6 Report
|Accounting Date||Accounting Date in the posting lines of the payment posting screen|
|DOS||Date of service|
|Posting Date||Date of posting the payment|
|Check Date||Date in the check|
|Payment Accounting Date||The Accounting date of the payment|
|Legal Entity||To filter by LE|
|Provider||To filter results for a specific provider|
|Patient||To view results of a specific patient|
|CPT||To search for postings related to a particular CPT|
|Line sub Status||Installment/ Denied/ pre-collection/Collection/Installment|
|Payer Type||Insurance/ Patient|
|Payment #||Payment number|
|check #||Check number|
|Payment Method||Select one from the drop-down; Cash/check/Credit Card/EFT Pay|
|User||To search for postings done by a particular user|
|Show overpayments only||Check this box to display only the overpayments that occurred during the date range(payments where balance is negative)|
Search screen of I6 Report
Sample I6 Report