I8 is a detailed charge report that captures a majority of charge transaction fields. Multiple excel exports give varying levels of information. This master charge report can be used extensively for charge capture info, analytics, and reconciliation purposes.
1. This is the master charge report. All the charge details are captured in this report. The report can be run using Accounting date or DOS. It can even be run using line status and sub-status. Line status is a multi-selection drop-down; you can select multiple statuses using control keys. Again, provider search is a multi-select drop-down. You can also select which provider you want to run it for: encounter provider or the line-level provider.
2. As in the case of many other reports, this report has excel options (beneath the search filters) to extract the data directly to an excel format without having to wait for the report to paint on the screen. It is a fairly large report that often pulls bulk data and is the first in PracticeSuite to include offline reporting feature.
3. Patient Creation Date info available in detailed CSV output and offline report of the I8 report.
4. Detailed CSV report includes Adjustment Reason and Attending Physician (Box #76 of UB04 claims) name. Attending Physician is also present in the offline report version of the I8 report. Detailed CSV also has the primary, secondary and tertiary insurance addresses.
1. Status and sub status filters can be used to filter patients who have got lines billed to patient responsibility, or those in Collection/Pre-collection. e.g., Select Line sub status as “Pre-collection” and the report will display all patients in Pre-collections.
2. Select VOID from the line status search to exclusively filter Voided lines.
3. Patients paying in Installments can be easily traced by selecting ‘INSTALLMENT’ from the sub status filter.
4. Practices can use this report to pick up a summary of the encounter line activities that occurred during a day, month, quarter, etc.
5. I8 report can be filtered using supervising provider and patient’s account type.
Filter options in the I8 report
|Legal Entity||Provide a legal entity if you want to view results related to a specific LE|
|Patient||You can search with either first name of last name|
|Acct. Date||Line level Accounting Date|
|DOS||Date of Service|
|Creation Date||Charge Creation Date|
|Last Modified Date||Date the charge was last modified|
|Rendering Provider||Select Encounter Option to filter with encounter-level provider and Line Option to filter with line-level provider|
|Case Type||Choose an appropriate Case Type from the drop-down|
|User||User who created the charge. Choose one from the drop-down.|
|POS||Place of Service. Provide Value or Description and select from the drop-down|
|Service Location||This drop-down gets populated on entering a valid POS|
|Primary Insurance||To view results for a specific primary insurance|
|Secondary Insurance||To view results for a specific secondary insurance|
|Tertiary Insurance||To view results for a specific tertiary insurance|
|CPT||To search using a specific CPT code|
|Referring Provider||Referring Provider|
|Line Status||Select one from drop-down|
|Line Sub Status||Select one from drop-down|
|Diagnosis Code||To filter using diagnosis code|
|PSTS#Batch#||If a PSTS# batch# was provided at the time of Charge entry, you can provide it here to search for the payment|
|Account Type||To filter the report using patient’s account type provided in the demographics screen.|
|Supervising provider||To filter by supervising provider|
|Modifier||To search using modifiers|
|Referral Source||Select an appropriate option from the drop-down|
|Show Over Payments Only||Show only those claims where over payments were made (Remaining Amount is negative).|
|Include Void Charges||To include voided charges in the search result.|
|Exclude New||To exclude all unposted charges from the report|
The I8 report also provides direct export options which when clicked directs the output to excel/CSV formats so that the user can view the excel/CSV outputs without having to wait for the report to load on screen; see Table 2. The highlighted portion in Image 1 is the Run Offline Option. The offline reports feature reduces redundant iterations in report generation. With this feature users can redownload a previously generated report without having to rerun the report.
|View||To view the report( normal way of running the report)|
|Download Excel||Direct excel Options are ‘Summary Report’, ‘Encounter Report’, Detailed Report’, ‘Accounting Period Activities’. Select an option.|
|Download CSV||Direct CSV Options are ‘Detailed CSV’, ‘PCCN CSV’ . Select the one appropriate.|
|Run Offline||Select this option to run report offline. Drop-down shows Pending reports as well as the previous five completed ones run by the user.|
The previous five offline reports run by the user can be viewed in the drop-down right next to Run Offline radio button; see Image 1.1.
The offline reports will also appear in the Report Central Favorites tab under section titled ‘Batch Report(Background Reports)’ as shown in Image 1.2. Reports ready for download will show up with a mark and pending reports will show with icon.
Sample I8 Report
Note: In the detailed Excel report, the sheet “Accounting Period Activities” highlights in yellow the charges from closed months that had changes made to them in the current reporting period; see Image 3.