From the main menus, click on Setup and then click on Insurance/Plan.
- To search for an insurance company, type in the full/partial name and click on search. You can also search for an insurance company by the payer ID.
- Click on the checkbox to include end dated insurance in the search result.
- To add a new Insurance click on the icon.
- A New window will open up for entering new insurance details.
- Enter the Company Name.
- Enter the Payer ID. This depends on the clearinghouse that you use.
- Enter the Insurance Company address.
- Enter contact details of the Insurance Company.
- Select the appropriate Payer Type from the list. By default, Commercial Insurance Co is selected.
- Enter the Primary and Secondary Billing Method.
- Select the Procedure code set.
Click on Save after entering all the required details.
- A Default plan is created automatically upon saving New Insurance.
- If the default plan needs to be edited, Click on the icon.
- To add a new plan click on button.
Note: The plans should be linked with Patient Insurance while adding insurance in the patient demographic page.