The Payment Entry screen is integrated with a payment gateway to accept credit card payments. Practices have the option to do a one-time card processing.
1. From the Main Menu, click on Payments to select Enter/Edit payment option.
2. As you invoke Enter/Edit payment option, the Payment Search window opens up (see Image 1).
4. The payment master window appears as in Image 2.
5. Enter the payment info. Fill all payment info such as – Payment Type, Payer Entity, Payer Name and Payment Amount.
6. Select Claim as Payment Type, this will update the Payer to Insurance.
7. Type in the Payer Name, and select the Payer from the drop-down that appears.
8. Select the Pay Method as Credit Card and enter the credit card info (Credit Card#, Name on Card (Exact Payer Name), Expiry Month, Year and CVV). The highlighted fields in Image 3 need to be filled to successfully process the card.
9. For Payment Type ‘CLAIM’, Save This card for Future use checkbox will be disabled.
Note 1: Processing credit card payments in PracticeSuite requires signing up for PracticeSuite E-Payments. If you are not already enrolled with PracticeSuite E-Payments or are interested in learning more, please email email@example.com.
Note 2: When the “Name on Card” field is being entered, It should use the exact Payer Name as in the virtual credit card.
10. Click on Save & Print (highlighted in Image 3) to save and print a receipt for the payment. Click on Save and Apply to save and open the manual posting screen or, click Save to save the payment. This completes the processing of the card.
11. A payment success message (see Image 4) with a Gateway Transaction number is displayed along with the Payment Number.
12. If there is any failed/ error message (as in Image 5), the payment entry will not be added.
Note: You can view the reason for the Credit Card process failure in the report ‘I18 – Credit Card Transaction Report’.