To fetch the Lab orders results, click on EMR module and choose Connect to Lab. The Connect to Lab screen comprises of four tabs :-
• Fetched Results: Lab results are fetched and displayed under this tab.
• Unprocessed Results: All Lab results for which Lab Order requests were generated using the EMR are listed here.
• Processed Results: All Lab results that have been processed will be listed here.
• Missing: Lab results for which requests have not been generated using the EMR and also results which do not match with any patient will be listed here.
Fetching Lab Order results
1. To fetch the Lab orders results, click on Connect to Lab in the index.
2. In the Connect to Lab screen, enter the date range between which the Lab Results has to be fetched in the Start Date and End Date boxes respectively and click the Fetch button. The Lab Results will be fetched and displayed in the area below.
The Lab Result of any patient can be viewed from this screen by clicking on the display button display icon. A detailed view in PDF format will also be displayed on clicking the Detailed Result button
Processing Lab Orders
1. Click on the Unprocessed tab to view the unprocessed Lab results. All Lab results for which Lab Order requests were generated using the EMR are listed here.
2. To link the Lab Order results to the EMR of the corresponding patient, click the Process All button. To process only a few selected Lab results, click in the check box next to the required Lab results and then click on the Process Selected button.
The above process will automatically link the Lab Result to the EMR of the corresponding patient and a new chart will be opened automatically with the details of the Lab result and listed under the Ready for Exam tab in the Clinical Desktop page.
Unprocessed Lab Order results can also be processed from the Fetched Results tab, by following the same steps mentioned above.
All Lab result that have been processed will be listed under this tab.
Under this tab two kinds of Lab Order results will be listed.
• Lab results which do not have any corresponding Lab Order request generated from the EMR.
• Lab results which do not match any patient.
1. Click on the Missing tab.
Lab results which do not have any patient associated with it will display an Associate Patient button and those without Lab order request will display the Process button
2. For Lab results without any corresponding Lab order requests, simply click on the Process button next to the result to link this result to the EMR of the corresponding patient.
3. For the Lab results which do not match any patient, click on the Associate Patient button.
4. In the Lname or Fname boxes that appear, type the first name or last name of the patient that you want to search for.
5. If the name of the patient that you searched for appears in the patient list, select it; else you will have to create a new patient manually using the Patient module and then return to this screen to associate that patient to this result.
6. Click the Process button next to the Lab result to link this Lab result to the EMR of the selected patient.
A new chart will be opened automatically with the details of the Lab result and listed under the Ready for Exam tab in the Clinical Desktop page.