Legal entities within a practice may have configurations that are specific to them. For instance, faxing information, direct messaging information, etc. can differ from one legal entity to another. This article describes the various parameters that can be set up at the legal entity level.
1. Select Setup from the main menu and then choose Legal Entity.
2. Select the required Legal Entity from the list of entities shown on the left for which Legal entity settings need to be configured. Now click on button on the top right part of the screen (highlighted in Image 1).
3. The Legal Entity settings page opens up, as shown in Image 2.
The following are the fields in the Legal Entity Settings page (see Image 2).
1. How many Hours advance notice required for cancellation: This field specifies the minimum number of hours before appointment time required for cancellation.
2. Charge Penalty for Improper Cancellation: Specify whether a patient is to be charged for improper cancellation.
3. Improperly Cancelled Appointment message Template: This field is a drop-down containing templates fetched from Letter master. Select the format of the message to be sent to the patient in case of a canceled appointment.
4. Charge Penalty for missed appointments: Specify whether a patient is to be charged for missed appointments.
5. Missed Appointment Message Template: This field is a drop-down containing templates fetched from Letter master. Select the format of the message to be sent to the patient in case of a missed appointment.
6. Fax information: The required credentials for sending/receiving fax messages through third-party email are specified here.
7. Direct Messaging Information: The credentials needed for sending/receiving direct messages are defined here. Direct messaging is required when a patient record needs to be transferred to an external source (e.g., transfer of patient files from a referring provider to a rendering provider).