It is essential to update notes of a patient for billing and record use.
There are mainly four kinds of notes. They are:
a. Patient Notes
b. Case Notes
c. Encounter Notes
d. Line Notes
All the above notes can be viewed from the Patient’s Demographics page. The notes are ordered inverse chronologically. Patient Notes are inserted from the Notes link in the Demographics page. The remaining three notes are entered from the Charge master(Edit Charges screen).
The following are the steps explaining how to view notes of a patient.
1. Invoke Patient Menu to enable the patient search. (see Image 1).
2. Select the Patient and click on the Notes button (highlighted in Image 2) from the patient demographic page.
3. On clicking Notes link, the Notes window pops up (see Image 3) to add Patient notes. To view all the notes (Patient, Case, Encounter and Line notes), select ALL from the Activity Level drop-down.
4. To insert a patient note, type the required note to the ‘Add Patient Note’ text box and then click on Save. The saved notes will be listed as a Patient Activity.
5. Notes can be sorted by any column header and by clicking on the header that it needs to be sorted with.
6. Patient Notes can be deleted. Select ‘PATIENT’ from the Activity Level drop-down. All patient notes will be listed with a delete icon next to the note to give users the ability to inactivate a saved note. Deleted notes will be automatically hidden. Click on “Include Inactive” checkbox to view the inactive note(s) and the inactive ones will appear with a red-colored strikethrough. Mouseover will display the user activity information (see Image 3).