Provider off time is the absence of a provider. It could be an absence for a while during a day or a holiday break, which can last for days. Such off-times could be saved in advance to block scheduling for the provider during those hours. Below are the steps to create an off-time.
1. From the main menu, click on the Scheduler.
3. Once the provider off-time page opens up, all provider off times that are set up for a two-month period starting from the previous month are shown.
Note: we can use the Provider and Date parameters on this page, to filter out off time specific to a provider or particular to a date range or both.
8. Select the Provider.
9. Select an appropriate reason from the drop-down other than ‘Off-time’, if the provider intends to take a break for a day or more. Enter the Start Date and End Date for the holiday.
10. Select the Off Time Type as “Off Time” from the drop-down for absence for a fixed time during the day.
A. Enter the date range in which this off time is active by providing the Start Date and End Date.
B. Now enter the off time using the Start Time and End Time.
C. Off Time Days’ option helps to schedule off time for any specific days.
E.g., if you need to set up off time for every Monday from 10 AM to 11 PM for a specific date range. Set the Start time as 10:00 AM, End time as 11:00 AM, and select only the Monday checkbox in the Off Time Days field.
D. If the break is for all days in a week, select ALL from the ‘Off Time Days’ field.
11. Enter other necessary information like Off Time Description, Emergency Contact Information, Relieving Provider Information.
12. After providing all the information, click on Save to setup Provider Off Time.
An easier way to create a single(non-recurring) off-time is explained below.
1. Right-click on the time slot under the required provider at which the off-time is to be set.
2. Click on the Create Break/Off Time button to open the screen as in Image 5.
Note: Provider Off-Time can also be set up from the Advanced setup menu.