Practicesuite handles the entire scheduling needs of the practice through a module called Scheduler. Scheduler is available on the main menu.
On clicking Scheduler, the Scheduler screen opens which is as shown in Image 1.
To schedule for a particular Legal entity/provider, click on Search button on the right end (highlighted in Image 1). The Search screen, as in Image 2, opens up.
i. If you have multiple Legal Entities in the system, select the Legal Entity where the appointment needs to be scheduled.
ii. Select All Providers to view the schedule for all the Providers for the selected legal Entity. To view the schedule for a particular provider, select the Provider from the list. Close the Search screen.
Table 1 shows the different ways in which appointments can be viewed in the scheduler.
Schedule an Appointment
1. Under the required provider, click on the time slot at which the appointment needs to created. If the appointment is not for the current day, select the day by clicking or by clicking calendar and choosing a particular day. This will open up the Schedule screen. See Image 3.
2. In the Select Patient field, type in the name of the patient in the format Last name, First name. All matching patient names get listed. From the list, select the patient for whom the appointment needs to be created. On selecting the patient, patient information such as MR #, Last name, First name, DOB , Gender, etc. gets populated in the appropriate fields.
The next appointment of the selected patient will be displayed as shown in Image 4.
If the appointment is being scheduled for a day on which an appointment already exists for the patient, a message as in Image 5 shows up.
3. Select the Schedule Status and Scheduled Type.
4. Enter a Reason for the visit.
5. Enter all other fields that are marked as mandatory and click on Save.
The scheduler screen also has 3 tabs namely Billing Information, Financial Summary, Print letter, and Notes.
Image 6 is the Billing Information section of a patient.
The tab provides details on the last eligibility verification done, primary, secondary, and tertiary (if any) insurances of the patient and also the Total amount due to be collected from the patient and its details. The tab also contains several links such as:
The following is the Financial Summary of a patient. It displays the insurance aging and patient aging details as well as the details of the previous payments done by the patient and the insurance. It also displays the Last Visit date, Last Statement date, Last Claim Submission date, etc.
If any letter is to be printed with regard to the patient, select the appropriate one. On clicking Save, the letter is displayed.
Any scheduling notes for the patient can be provided in this section.