Front Office Staff Workflow for New Patients
3. Collect their insurance information so that their eligibility can be checked before the appt. (By Phone usually). Enter the insurance details in the Insurance section of the Patient Demographic screen.
4. Check Eligibility to make sure patient can be seen in this clinic. Click the ‘Eligibility’ option on the left side of the patient demographics. The default date range will be the current day. Change the date if needed and Hit ‘Check Now’ to verify eligibility. If found not eligible, Staff will have to contact the patient and let them know so that they can contact their insurance company.
5. Once patient is found eligible, put patient on schedule. (Usually done by phone-unless a walk-in appt). Open Scheduler, click on the needed slot and enter the patient details.
6. When the patient arrives at the office, patient should be marked Arrived to indicate that the patient is in fact in the office. For this, go to Scheduler and click on the patient from the allotted time slot and change schedule status to ‘Checked In’.
7. Front desk staff will gather information and complete registration Process
A. Sign all legal documents and give a copy of HIPAA
B. Have the patient sign up for Patient Portal.
C. Patient can do Patient forms from their own Patient Portal
D. Gather COPAY- if required, can be done in beginning of visit or at the end.
8. Mark the Patient as Ready for the Clinical staff (NURSE MA) depending on workflow of the office. For this, go to Scheduler and change schedule status to ‘Ready for Clinical Staff’.
Front Office Staff Workflow for Established Patients
1. Put patient on schedule. Open Scheduler and allot a convenient slot.
2. Eligibility check to be completed ideally before the day of the appointment. Inform patient if found not Eligible for the visit.
3. When the patient comes into the office, immediately mark the patient as ‘Arrived’. To do this, go to Scheduler and click on the patient from the allotted time slot and change schedule status to ‘Checked In’.
4. Review and update any new information on registration and Insurance.
5. Patient is marked Ready for Clinical staff. To do this, go to Scheduler and change schedule status to ‘Ready for Clinical Staff’.
1. Either the provider, Front office staff or the clinical staff marks the patient Ready for Check-out using the Scheduler Appointment Status.
2. When the patient reaches the front desk for check-out, hand over appropriate educational material and visit summary to the patient.
3. Collect Co-pay if not collected at the beginning of the visit.
4. Create Follow-up appointment for the patient if required.