Claim history gives a view of all submitted claims. Follow the below-given steps to access the Claim History page.
1. Select Charges from the main menu and click on Submit Claims.
2. In the Submit claims page that opens up, click on the Claim History tab. Image 1 opens up.
3. To filter the report, provide adequate search parameters given on top. Click on the ‘More Filters’ button to view more search parameters. Select Claim Date Range, DOS Range, Claim Batch Type, Legal Entity, Insurance Level, Claims Receiver, etc. to filter the claims.
4. Click on the Search button to generate the filtered list, as in Image 2.
5. Additionally, a filter option is provided to filter claims by – payer, clearinghouse, patient, claim status code, and others. All the fields are available for filtering except for date fields, amounts, and number fields. Filter applied for status code with value ‘a1’ is illustrated in Image 3.
6. You can also download the Claim Log Report into PDF or Excel format by clicking on the appropriate button.
7. Table 1 explains the columns in the claim history report.
|Claim Date||The date on which the claim was generated|
|Insurance||Name of the Insurance|
|Claim#||System-generated unique number for the claim|
|Batch #||The unique number of the batch in which the claim was sent|
|Patient||Name of the patient in the claim|
|MR#||MR# of the patient|
|INS#||Member ID provided by the insurance for the subscriber|
|Last Line Activity Date||The date of the previous line activity in the claim|
|Last Activity||Describes the previous action that was done on the claim|
|DOB||Date of Birth of the patient|
|DOS||Date of Service provided in the claim|
|Amount||Billed Amount in the claim|
|Previous Claim#||Claim# of the preceding claim that was sent for the same encounter|
|Claim status||Internal-status of the claim within the practice
Clearinghouse-status of the claim at the clearinghouse Code- Rejection Reason code
Payer -status at the payer’s end Code-Rejection Reason code
|Clearinghouse Response||Response from the clearinghouse regarding the claim|
|Payer Response||Response from the payer regarding the claim|
|Encounter Claim Activity||A log of previous claims that were sent on the same encounter|
|Worked||Indicates the claim has been worked on.|