Case and encounter are co-related and relates the patient insurance (Patient himself)to each bill items ( Encounter). Hence you can find the case and encounter listed in Edit charges.
From the Main Menu, select Charges and click on Edit charges to open the Edit charges page.
When the Edit charge page opens up, click on the patient field and enter either the patient name or MRN# to search patient. As you type the patient details, a list of patients appears as a drop-down list. Select the Patient.
Once the patient is selected, the Edit charges page for the respective patient appears as follows.
1. Encounter Summary – To view the Encounters for the selected patient click on the Patient Name. The list of encounters for the particular case will be displayed date wise.
Click on the date of service of the encounter to view the details of the Encounter.
|To view the details of an Encounter, you have to click on the date of service of the Encounter. Clicking on the Case will only display the details of the Case Sheet, the encounter details will not be displayed.|
2. Demographic details – Patient demographic details associated with the claim can be found here.
3. Encounter Details – Encounter details information can be found under this section.
4. Encounter Lines – All encounter lines listed for the selected DOS / Encounter for the patient can be found here.
5. Line activity details – line activity details and notes can be updated under this section and it can be viewed any time.
Under Encounter, all details pertaining to the selected encounter will be displayed. If there are no encounters for the particular Case, you can add one using the Add Encounter tab. You can also edit details of the Encounter using the icons provided.
Encounter Lines display the different Procedures associated with an Encounter, the related diagnoses, the Charges, Total Amount and Status. You can change the status of a claim by clicking in the Status box.