Mass Posting screen allows you to apply patient payments in a quick and efficient manner. The screen allows you to post multiple payments made by multiple patients concurrently. This is more efficient because it avoids the delay in searching for individual payments and posting each of them in succession.
Two points to be noted for Mass Posting are:
1. Payments cannot be created in the mass posting screen. Mass Posting can be done only for existing payments.
2. Only patients having on_account amount and also having an open patient balance line are listed in the Mass Posting screen.
Follow the below-given steps to mass post payments.
1. Select Payments from the main menu and click on Mass posting.
2. Enter appropriate search parameters. Enter the date ranges for Acct. Date, Pymt. Date; if required, provide Patient Name, Legal Entity, and Payment Type. Click on the Search button.
3. Checkbox named “Include Insurance Lines” has to be checked to list the insurance charges as well. If you’re applying only Self Pay payments, then keep the checkbox unchecked to list the billed to patient lines ( line status – “BILL_To_PT”).
4. Click on the radio button to the left of the Payment # that you wish to apply. On clicking the button, all the open charges for the selected patient get listed beneath.
5. For the Copay payment, enter the amount in the Copay Amt field and for Self Pay payment, enter the amount in the Paid Amt field.
6. Enter Adjustment, if any, and select the appropriate Next Action, if a balance remains on the line. You have the option to leave the balance on the current line status or Bill_to_PT/ GR ( Patient balance or Guarantor balance); see Image 2.
7. Click the Post button to complete applying the payment to the selected charge line.
8. The new feature of auto-populating paid amount (highlighted in Image 3) will bring the unapplied amount to the paid column depending on the remaining amount.