Mass Write-Off screen
* Practice can write off payments of multiple patients in one go through the Mass Write-Off screen. This is a very convenient way of writing off payments. They would otherwise have to be individually written off from the Posting screen.
* The screen has mouse Hovers for several fields such as Case#, DOS, PoS, SL, and insurance. In case of insurance, Primary, secondary and tertiary insurance names are listed and on mouse hover, the subscriber # of the patient for the insurance will be shown.
Steps for Mass write off
1. Select Payments from the main menu. Click on Mass write off.
2. After providing appropriate search filters, click on the Search button to view the charges or the Encounter Lines.
A. Collection status and coll.sub status are multi-selection filters and CPT filter can be searched with modifiers as well.
B. Users can filter HOLD lines exclusively by selecting HOLD from the Line status filter.
3. From the search result, select the required lines that need to be written off, as highlighted in Image 2.
4. Once the charges/ encounter lines are selected, following fields are to be entered before processing. select an appropriate Adjustment Reason (highlighted drop-down in Image 2).
|Adj. Amt.||Enter an amount to write off the specified amount from the selected lines. The line status remain unchanged if an amount remains in the line after the write off.
If no amount is given in this field, the entire amount in the line is written off and line status will be WO_CLOSE
|Adjustment Reason||Select an adjustment reason from the drop-down|
|Accounting Date||Acct. Date for mass write off is defaulted to the current date; however it can be changed to another date|
|Remark||Provide remarks if any|
5. Now click on the Process button to complete the Write-Off.
|To view the details of the encounter lines, click the icon against the line.|