Secondary claim creation can be prevented by selecting the option ‘COB’ on the Secondary Billing Method of a particular Insurance.
1. From the main menu click on Setup and then click on Insurance/Plan. The Insurance Search window appears, as in Image 1.
2. Search the Insurance either by Name or by Payer ID. As you type, a list of matching insurance will be listed down.
3. Click on the appropriate insurance in order to edit and set up the secondary claim submission method as electronic or paper.
4. Click on the Secondary Billing Method field and choose COB from the drop-down options and update it.
5. Click on Save to update the changes.