PracticeSuite in association with Telnyx introduces the eFax feature which would enable customers to send and receive electronic fax messages. eFax encompasses numerous features.
1. Multiple fax numbers can be set up for a single account and users can switch between the subscribed fax numbers if needed.
2. Covering Letter – Covering letters can be included in the Fax. Custom cover letters can be created from letter master. Clients can use the system tags provided to populate the information in the letter. Set the group Code for the letter as FAX_COVER_LETTER so that it becomes available in the Covering Letter drop-down
3. Fax Document against a Patient – The incoming fax document can be mapped to a patient with ease. The document would then be saved in the patient’s document manager section retrievable for future use.
4. Send Fax to Referring Provider – User can search for the referring provider name from the fax compose window and can easily send the document to them with a single click.
5. Archive Functionality – User can archive old/unimportant fax to archive folder.
6. Fax EHR Docs– User can send EHR related documents (Visit HX, CPOE, Letters etc..) over eFax.
7. Comments – User can add any number of comments against each fax. This will help different users in the specific account to identify each fax and work on it.
8. Client can port their existing Fax number – Client can use their existing fax number to send the fax by porting the number to Telnyx.
9. Fax Report – PracticeSuite also provides a report to View outgoing and incoming fax details.
10. Mark As Read option – User can mark a fax message as Read after working on it.
11. Resend Option- PracticeSuite provides you the facility to resend Failed efax Messages (see section Fax Sent Box below.
12. Easy and Convenient- To send a fax from PracticeSuite, only the Fax number and the attachment are mandatory.
1. The primary fax and the secondary Faxing numbers can be configured Under Practice->Practice Options->Fax (see Image 1).
2. Below-given table explains each setup component in detail. These values get defaulted while composing Fax.
*Note: Practice have to contact Implementations team for setting up primary/additional fax. Once configured, users can edit all fields except the Fax number field.
Fax Setup Fields
1. eFax window can be opened from Home Page -> Interoffice ->eFax (see Image 2). This will open the eFax Inbox by default.
2. The fax Messages in the Inbox are sorted by received time. Other info provided in the Inbox listing are From, Subject, Patient, Comments, Date(and Time). Any text added in the Comments field will show up here.
3. The following manipulations can be done to a received fax message.
a. View the fax message
b. View the document attached
c. Map a patient
d. Mark as read
e. Archive the fax message
f. Add a comment
4. User can use Pagination feature to navigate to old Fax messages.
Opening a Fax message
To view a fax message received, click on the fax message from Inbox; a window opens as in Image 3.
Mapping a Patient using ‘Choose’ button: When a patient needs to be mapped or the mapped patient needs to be changed, the user can use the ‘Choose’ button. This will open a pop up window as in Image 4. ‘Related to Patient’ is the field where a patient can be searched and selected. Once the fax is associated with a patient, the fax document will be shown under the selected category in patient document manager; see Image 5.
Changing the Doc type of the Fax message: Users can change the document type of the fax message by selecting another one from the Doc type drop-down.(By default, the doc type is as per what is provided in the setup page.)
Composing a Fax Message
Fields in the Compose Screen
|From||If the user’s role has a fax number set up in the Practice Options page, this will show up here. Else click on the drop-down to list all the primary and secondary fax numbers set up in the account and select one.|
|To||Enter the fax number/referring provider name. If the selected ref provider has a fax number associated, the number will be populated into this field.|
|Name||Once the user selects a ref provider, the corresponding provider name will appear in the Name field. Users can also type a name into the field.|
|Covering Letter||Covering letters (template) can be added from Letter Master screen and selected from the drop-down.|
|Related To Patient||Associate to a patient by searching with Name or MR#.|
|Subject||The subject of the fax message is entered here.|
|Document||Grayed-out by default, however, this becomes editable on selecting a patient in ‘Related to Patient’ field. This option allows the users to select the patient’s documents uploaded in Document Manager. Only one document can be attached for a message.|
|Visit Hx||Grayed-out by default, however, this field becomes editable on selecting a patient in ‘Related to Patient’ field. This option allows the users to select a visit note from EHR. The maximum number of visits that can be selected is three.|
|Browse This PC||Used to browse and select files in the user’s computer. Max of three additional files can be selected.|
Supported File Types: IMAGE/JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF, HTML, TXT, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX, PDF (DOC/DOCX types are currently not supported).
An efax message can be in any one of the statuses shown in Table 1.
|Initiated||This is the initial status of a message|
|Queued||This is an interim status when the user clicks Send and the message is waiting to be sent.|
|Failed||This status appears when the message fails to get sent.|
|Requeued||If the user clicks on Resend, the message shows up with a requeued status.|
|Delivered||This status shows up when the message gets successfully delivered.|
Fax Sent Box
Users can view the list of sent fax messages in the Sent box.
1. The Sent items listing has the following info: Subject, Patient Name, Receiver number, Receiver name, Status (Queued/Delivered/Failed), Comment and Date.
2. For failed messages, users have the option to Resend the message; Click on the icon on the far right (highlighted in Image 7).
3. If the user opens the fax from the ‘Sent’ box they will have all the options as in the Inbox except the Archive and Mark as Read options.
Archived faxes are available in the Archives folder; refer Image 8.
Fax Transaction Report
E11. Fax Transaction Report at the report Central provides details on all fax transactions done in the system. See Image 9 for a sample report. Fax Date, Status (Queued/Delivered/Failed) are the search filters along with option to choose between Inbound and Outbound. Click here to know more on E11 report.
eFax in EHR
Once your practice gets enrolled for eFax, all EHR pages which have the fax messaging functionality, will automatically use efax. To fax visit notes and lab orders, covering letter can be selected from the Covering Letter drop-down provided beside the Fax button. Covering letter templates are created from Letter_Master. Users can select the template to use for the message when sending the fax.