The ICD- 10 Lookup screen is an excellent training tool for physicians or practices in their transition to ICD-10. The ICD 10 Lookup page is designed with two sections, one section with ICD 10 Lookup and the other section with ICD 10 Tabular view.
- ICD 10 Lookup Interface comes with a feature which will display four tabs named Fav ICD codes (Favorite ICD codes), ICD 9 to ICD-10 GEM, ICD 10 Search and ICD 10 Index so that the Healthcare Professionals can compare both code sets for a particular diagnosis or treatment.
- Fav ICD codes show the ICD-9 codes which are commonly used by the provider for the last 3 years through EHR as well as through Charge entry and its corresponding ICD-10 codes.
- There are match indicators which indicate whether the ICD- 9 code has a direct, approximate or one-to-many relation with the ICD- 10 matches. Each indicator explains the type of matches when we move the mouse over the indicators.
- After a physician or coder enters a medical keyword or phrase in the search field, then the relevant search results will get displayed below. Once an ICD-9 code is selected from the displayed results, the appropriate ICD-10 tabular will get automatically selected.
- The tabular list is a numerical list of ICD-10 codes grouped by chapter, categories, and subcategories. It is important to review the description notes to ensure the selection of the appropriate code. The search results with green arrows indicate billable and red arrows indicate non-billable codes.