Manual Posting Screen
1.Manual Posting Screen is used to post insurance and patient payments.
1a. When the practice receives insurance payments in the form of EOBs, patients listed in the EOB are to be selected in the manual posting screen to post the payments to the relevant charges. Manual posting screen permits cash posting one patient at a time.
1b. In the case of patient payments, either COPAY payments or SELFPAY payments made on the patient’s behalf are to be posted to the relevant charges.
2. Manual Posting Screen can also be used to enter payments if the payment is not already entered in the system. To know how to create a payment entry from the manual posting screen, click here.
3. The ‘On Account’ field at the bottom of the Payment Posting screen (highlighted in bottom section of Image 1) helps users to see on the fly the on-account balance even before the payments for the line(s) are applied. Similarly, the totals of Paid Amt. , Adj., WithHold, and Balance are updated as and when the relevant amounts are entered on each line.
4. When the payment is posted, it can be verified in the Posting Log at the payment section. The Posting Log shows the patients and the DOS’s for which the payment was posted. For FULLY_APPLIED payments, on-account Amt will be zero on posting.
Search Filters in the Manual Posting Screen
|Patient||Provide first three letters of the name or MR#|
|Claim#||To show encounter lines of a specific claim|
|DOS||Provide DOS range to filter down further|
|LE||To filter by Legal Entity|
|Process Secondary Insurance First||Check this box when the claim status is still in Claim_Sent_To_PR and the secondary insurance pays you before the primary does.|
|Show Closed Lines||Check box to show lines with statuses WO_CLOSE, PAID_CLOSE|
|Show All Lines||Check box to show all Lines|
|Auto Populate Paid Amount||Patient Payments: populates the paid amount in each line according to the remaining amount in the line.
Insurance Payments: checkbox is disabled
Posting Patient Payments
1.The lines displayed for posting depends on the Payment Type selected in the payment section (see Table 1).
|Payment Type||Lines Listed for posting|
|CoPay, Deductible, Co-Ins||All encounter lines, both patient responsible and insurance lines, of the patient are listed for posting|
|Self Pay||All patient responsible lines(BILL_TO_PT) lines are listed for posting|
2. Lines in IN_COLLECTION status will be displayed in peach color. Image 1 shows a patient payment where payment type is self pay.
3. Enter the Co-pay Amt. and the Adjustments in the corresponding fields for Co-Pay payments. In case of Self-Pay, the Paid Amt. and Adj. fields are to be entered. Select Next Action (next responsible party in case any balance amount exists). If a balance remains, choose the “Next Action” to leave the balance to the Patient (Bill to PT) or close the line by adjusting off the remaining balance. If the balance is zero, the system sets the status to PAID_CLOSE.
Posting Insurance Payments
1.All lines billed to the insurance selected in the payment section and with statuses CLAIM_SENT_TO PR, CLAIM_SENT_TO_SE, CLAIM_SENT_TO-TR, CLAIM_REBILLED_TO_PR, CLAIM_REBILLED_TO_SE, CLAIM_REBILLED_TO_TR, etc. will be listed for posting.
2. Enter the Allowed, Paid, and Adjustments (if any, along with the adjustment reason). The balance will be auto calculated by the system based on the Allowed, Paid and Adjustments entered. If a balance remains (Allowed-Paid is non-zero) after posting primary, you can choose to leave the balance to the Patient (Bill to PT) or bill it to secondary (Bill to SE) or write it off using the status WO_CLOSE by providing adjustments. If there is no balance (Allowed-Paid is zero), the system sets the Next action to PAID_CLOSE.
Important columns in the Posting Screen
If the EOB provided by the insurance has only denials, create a zero check payment and save it in the system. For posting denials, perform the following.
A. Select the patient in the posting screen as in the case of normal payment posting.
B. In the open charge line which is denied by the payer, set the next Action to the appropriate one.
C. In the Payer Remark tab, set the line sub status to DENIED and select appropriate category code from the Category code drop-down.
D. Click on Post.
E. Repeat Steps A to D in each denied line of other patients.
a. Line sub status indicates whether the charge is in pre-collection, collection, installment, etc.
b. Payer remarks are important in the case of denials. If the line was denied, set the Line Sub Status as Denied, provide Remark and choose the Category Code.
c. You can also enter remarks to be entered in the Patient Statement in the Remark To Pat. Stmt field. EOB Page# is the page number in the EOB that contains the selected patient info; see Image 2.
Line activity shows all the activities performed so far on the selected line; refer to Image 3.
This tab is visible for insurance payments only. In cases where more than one adjustment is to be posted against in a line, additional adjustments can be provided in Other Adj. tab. Select the line having additional adjustments; choose Other Adj. Reason and enter the amount in the Other Adj. Amt. field. Click Add Row to add more adjustments.