Patient payments can be collected from the scheduler screen as well. Links provided in the scheduler help in collecting a payment from a patient upfront either by cash, check, credit card, or through EFT Pay. Below are the steps to process patient payments from the scheduler.
1. Select Scheduler from the main menu.
2. Patient payments can be collected for existing/new appointments.
2A. Existing appointments
2A.1. Click on the scheduled appointment time slot, as shown in Image 1.
2B. New appointments
2B.1. Click on the empty time slot of the DOS under the required provider on the Scheduler screen.
2B.2. The schedule page opens up. Select the patient, provide a reason for the visit, and invoke the New Payment option (highlighted in Image 4) to open the payment entry page.
3. Once the Payment Entry page opens up, select Payment Type (Default: COPAY) and Payment Method.
If the default payment amount needs to be changed, enter the required amount in the Total Amount field, and it will be reflected in the payment method selected.
There are four payment methods: i) Cash ii) Check iii) Credit Card iv) EFT Pay
i) Cash Payment: If it is a cash payment, select the CASH payment method as highlighted in Image 5.
ii) Check Payment: If CHECK payment method is selected, enter the check details. See Image 6.
Note Check # is a mandatory field.
iii) Credit Card Payment: Selecting CREDIT CARD payment method allows you to enter credit card details such as Card Number, Expiry Date, CVV, Name On Card. Refer to Image 7.
Processing credit card payments in PracticeSuite requires signing up for PracticeSuite E-Payments. If you are not already enrolled with PracticeSuite E-Payments or are interested in learning more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. If the card information is already saved in the system, select the required card from the Saved Cards drop-down. On choosing a card, the card details get automatically populated in the respective fields.
2. Credit Card details can be saved for future use by selecting the checkbox Save This Card for Future Payments.
iv) EFT Payment: Select EFT PAY method (as in Image 8) for an EFT payment and enter the required details.
4. Further information about the payment can be added in the Additional Information section. If Copay(s) is paid for more than one DOS, all the applicable DOS are entered here (highlighted in Image 9). Default Adjust. Code is the default value to be filled in the adjustment code in the posting screen. To attach an EOB, click on Browse button to upload the document and enter the number of pages in the No. Of Pages field.
5. There are three options for saving the payment. Choose an appropriate one for saving the payment.
a. Save: Saves the payment in the system.
b. Save & Apply: Saves the payment, and the Manual Posting screen opens up with details populated in the respective fields, as shown in Image 10.
c. Save & Print: Saves and prints the receipt.