1) Click on the Security Module and select User, the Manage Users page will be displayed as shown below.
2. b) From the Role, select the required User Type
2. c) Choose the Primary Legal Entity from the list
2. d) Enter a Password for this user and retype the password in the Confirm box for confirmation. The minimum password length accepted by the system is 5. The password should also contain one Upper case letter and three numerals (e.g. Mary123).
2. e) In the Password Access Allowed (in days) box enter the number of days the user will be allowed access with this password. This security feature allows to restrict the number of days the user will be allowed access.
2. f) Select the Active Start Date and End Date for this user.
2. g) Enter the Last Name, First Name and Middle Name of the user.
2. h) Enter an Email Address and a Email Password for this user in their respective boxes.
3) Access Configuration
The Access Configuration are divided into two sections. They are represented with gear icons that is highlighted in red in the below picture.
3.1) Setup Remote Access
a) Context Based Security
The Time/Day based security in PracticeSuite enables you to restrict user access based on time or day.
b) To enable the Time/Day based access for the user
Enter the Employee ID and Digital Security ID in the respective boxes.
c) For IP specific Authorization- enter the Primary IP Address, Primary Remote DNS, RSA Token Code and the RSA 4 Digit Pass Code in the respective boxes.
d) Set the access time allowed for the user using the Time Allowed From and Time Allowed To boxes.
From the Days Allowed box select the days on which access is allowed. To prevent access on any particular day, leave the box next to the day unselected.
If different time is allowed for different days, click in the box next to Click here if different time allowed for different day. A list of the days of the week selected will be displayed below with the option to set individual timings for each day as shown in the image above. Set the different access times for the user using the options provided.
e) User Access Restrictions
PracticeSuite provides the option to restrict access to certain patient charts for a user. A feature called Allowed to Break The Glass in Emergency Situation is also provided where the restricted user can be given access to a restricted Patient Chart in case of an emergency after validation.
To restrict the access to a patient’s chart, type the first three letters of the last name or the first name of the patient in the Lname or Fname boxes respectively. From the list that appears, choose the required patient.
Note:-To remove the access restriction to any patient chart:- click to clear the check box next to the name of the required patient displayed next to Restricted Charts, then click the Save button.
The Allowed to Break The Glass in Emergency Situation option permits the user access to the restricted patient chart on providing the required authentication. To enable this option, select the Yes button.
After entering all the necessary information, click the Save button, the user details will be saved and the new User will be created.
3.2) Setup Menu
3.2.a) Click the gear icon from the Manage Users screen for the Setup menu against the respective user. Select a Menu displayed on the left side and click the assign button to assign the function for the particular user.
3.2.b) Add an End-date against a menu and click the Save button to remove the Menu for that user.
Select the various functions from the table and click the assign button to assign the function for the particular user.
Note:-The information in this area should be configured only by the administrator. Please contact your Administrator for the correct configuration details.