Recurring Payments through Credit Card
PracticeSuite facilitates recurring installments by auto charging credit cards.
1.Installment with Credit card can be activated under 2 minutes.
2. Email notifications will be sent to patients with the details of the installment plan.
3. PracticeSuite system auto posts the payments to the lines once the installment Payments are created. No manual intervention needed.
4. Patients can pre-close their installments at any time.
1.The account should be enabled with Payment Gateway.
2. The Patient should have a valid Credit card with an Expiry date that comes after the installment end date.
How to Create a CC enabled Installment
1.Select a Patient and Navigate to Installment Plan or From Charge Master select Installment Plan under Patient Tab.
2. Select and enter the required fields same as Manual Installment such as encounter lines and the Start Date and Period.
3. Select the check box ‘Setup Credit Card’ highlighted in Image 1.
4. Enter the Card Parameters in the fields shown in Image 2 such as
Name on Card, Credit Card#, Expiry Date, CVV
5. Billing Zip will be defaulted from patient demographic. If no ZIP code is available in patient master, user should enter the zip code.
6. Click the Save Button.
7. New plan is created, is assigned a plan number and is in the NEW status and can be viewed in the top pane.
How Recurring Installment Works
Once a plan is created, PracticeSuite will automatically trigger the request to Payment gateway to charge the card.
For every successful Payment
a. A payment is auto-created in the system and the installment count is incremented by 1. The system keeps the installment status as “Active”.
b. An email notification is sent to the patient; see Image 3.
c. If Auto-Post Patient Payments is enabled in the Billing Options screen, successful payments will be auto-applied to the encounters included in the installment plan. If Auto-Post Patient Payments is not enabled, the Payment will be created, and the user has to manually apply the same to the lines.
d. The users can see the Payment request status in I18 Report. The users can identify the installment Payment requests by verifying the value in the Source column in I18 Report. The source column will be updated as ‘Practice-Installment’.
e. Once all installments are successfully processed and there is no outstanding balance, the installment status will change to PAID by the system.
f. If there are outstanding line balances, the installment status changes to Period Complete on completion of the installment period.
g. Users can update the installment status to Pre Closure/Inactive, prior to the installment completion date.
For Every Failed Transaction
a. The payment gateway will try to rerun the card the following day.
b. Installment Status and Count remain unchanged until the card is successfully charged.
1. Installment Letter will not be generated in case of recurring installment plans.
2. C8. Installment Detailed Report has a column to indicate whether recurring payments have been enabled for the installment plan.
3. C9. Installment Statement Summary Report has four additional columns added to display Payment#, Gateway Transaction ID, Gateway Transaction Message, and Recurring Enabled.