As part of our User Interface (UI) upgrades, the EHR “Clinical Desktop” has been upgraded to the new UI. The new “Clinical Desktop” comes with an informative dashboard that gives you a hyper-focused view of the clinical workflow and provides a real-time summary of appointments, charts, pending orders, refills, etc. (See Image 1).
1. The dashboard has split panes with the Provider and visit info on the left-hand side and the appointment, chart status, and order information on the other side.
2. In the Provider pane, there are separate tabs for users to view the upcoming and recent chart notes of the Provider.
3. The Provider’s appointment counts are displayed at the top of the page.
4. In the section below the appointment count, users can see the numbers for pending, complete, ready for the exam, and for review.
5. Rx refill requests and reminder counts are displayed next on the dashboard.
6. Lab Order Status displays the count of processed, unprocessed, and for review.
7. The charting screen is also upgraded to match the new UI theme.
Clinical Desktop has six other tabs apart from Dashboard. They are explained below.
Appointments tab displays the list of patients with appointments for the current/given date. The appointments tab now has a field to display the superbill status of the appointment. This tab is used to pick up appointment patients for chart creation.
Patients tab can be used to search for patients using various filters provided. This is useful for creating charts of walk-in patients.
Patients Tab also has the following options to manipulate patient records.
|Mailing Address list|
|Mailing Address list of Template Avery 5160|
|To merge patients|
|To create a new patient record|
Charts for which reminders have been set will be listed here. To know how to set reminders for charts, click here.
Ready For Exam Tab
This tab displays the list of patients with charts that are ready for examination. Typically, when patients walk in to the clinic for the appointment, the nurse/staff concerned opens the chart and records their vitals. Then he/she saves the chart as “Ready for Exam”. Such charts will appear in this tab.
For Review Tab
Charts put up for review for the user logged in will appear here.
Typically, If charts need to be reviewed by another person, they need to be saved as “For Review”. While saving a chart as ‘For review’, a pop-up appears prompting the user to provide the user name who is supposed to review the chart. Provide the user name and click on Save; thereupon the chart will appear in this tab of the assigned user.
Lab results received via HL7 interface will also appear here(see highlighted portion). To know how to save a patient’s lab results from here, click here.
This takes you to the Inter office Message facility where you can compose messages or view your Inbox and To-Do list.
Pending Charts Pane
To the right end of the Clinical desktop we have the pending charts pane wherein all charts saved as Pending will be listed with the latest on top for quick retrieval of charts for editing.