Invoke Patient Menu to enable patient search where patient can be searched.
Note: Before adding any insurance for a patient, the patient information page must be completed & saved.
When add insurance button invoked, a new window appears where patient new insurance details can be furnished.
Click on the Insurance field and as you type the insurance name, related insurance details will be list down from where you can choose the appropriate insurance that needs to be added to patient insurance.
Select the appropriate insurance from the list and insurance details such as name, Payer ID, address and insurance phone number automatically get updated.
Also enter other details as mentioned:
- Enter the effective date from which the patient is active with the insurance Company or select date from the Calendar.
- Select the appropriate Coverage status from the Drop Down.
- Enter the subscriber # & group # From the Relationship box; choose the right option i.e. SELF, SPOUSE, CHILD, OTHER, FATHER, MOTHER,SIBLINGS. If you choose the SELF option, all the remaining details including the Subscriber Information will be automatically updated. If you choose any other option, for e.g. FATHER or MOTHER, you can search if insurance details exist for the selected relation
- To search for existing insured information, click on the Click on Subscriber field and as you type the insured name, subscriber details will list down below. From the list that appears, select the insured. All the remaining details, including the Insured Information will automatically be updated.
- If the Insured Information is same as the patient, select the Same as Patient option, the address and other required details will automatically be updated. Only the remaining blank fields have to be filled.
When you have entered all the details, click the Save button. The details of the Insurance Company will be saved and updated. The details of the patient insurance will be displayed in the patient demographic page.
If the insurance company details were not found when trying to add patient insurance, Click on the button from the add insurance screen and it will direct you to add a new insurance company. Please read the article to know the details of adding Insurance Companies